Sunday, December 18, 2011

Snowballs and Cookies!





For Junior Primary, I started out with singing a Sugar Cookie Fun to Do song for our opening wiggle time. This definitely set the tone for our activity! We did fun Christmas songs again but they correlated to a cookie cutter! I brought 5 or 6 cutters and the idea was for the kids to come up with their own song that went with the tree or star or heart...etc. However, for Junior, it was a little harder for them to come up with songs that worked with the cutters. So, I let the class help them out. We did this a few times until we started practicing our Focus Song. Picture a Christmas. I put up the words and the kids had to match the picture with the words. They all seemed to enjoy it.

Senior, we had little more fun. Since I knew they all could write, I handed out half sheets of white paper and little pencils at the beginning of primary and had them write their name on it. For singing time, they were all ready to do something with this paper. So, I told them, we haven't been having enough snow and if they could help me out. They crumpled up the paper and threw it infront of me. It was a fun way to pick helpers for the day! Because of the difficulty with Junior and the cookie cutter idea, I decided to let the kids pick their favorite primary song. They rolled the dice for how to sing it and it was really fun! We also did the focus song and it sounded so lovely. I'm beginning to see that having the words helps but then the kids don't watch me either...so I'll have to figure out the balance there!

No comments:

Post a Comment