Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Chews" the Right

"Chews" the Right


While browsing the many chorister blogs one day, I saw the headband game where the kids have to guess the word on their headband when we come to that part of the song....well I did a variation of that and the kids loved it! So this is how it went. I chose a child to come up to the front and put a word strip on their back so they couldn't see it. When we came to that word in the song, I put it up my STOP sign and all the kids had to stop singing and the kid had to say the next word. If they got it right, I had to put a piece of gum in my mouth. If they got it wrong, I didn't have to chew one. And so it continued until my jaw was broken from all the right words and I started getting a headache from all the sweetness! :) The kids though were extremely involved and lauhed as I could barely speak the words or sing for that matter. It was a great way to teach them the harder words in the song and remind them of the right phrases! This could be done with any song really. :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment