Thursday, February 16, 2012

CTR Wands and Waving

I took a blogger's advice and printed out the CTR signs and attached them to popsicle sticks for the kids to use. The kids LOVED having something to hold. And I learned quickly that the more involved they are, the better they sing and pay attention. In particular for junior, I had a coupld kids that are usually staring off into space who were engaged and singing! I loved it! On a side note, I always wonder if anything I'm teaching is getting into their heads. So, the other night, I was tucking my little sunbeam into bed and he started singing choose the right. It warmed my heart and I knew all the work, effort, pictures, practice and fun is worth it!

So anyways, I had the kids hold up their signs every time they heard the word RIGHT in the song. The loved it and after a couple times of review, it was time to get the tune and rythm ingrained in their little heads! I chose a volunteer to choose how they wanted to direct their choir (In a Rainbow, Triangle or Circle) It was a great way to get the kids to still be involved with thier CTR sticks and learn the beat of the song.

In Senior, I heard they knew the song really well so I wanted to see how well they knew it. Surprise they actually mixed up a bunch of words in the chorus. I took some time to review the words and the main time went to teaching them the second verse of the song. We sang it silly ways and they got to choose what word we held their sticks up on. I taught the second verse with props (watch, book of mormon, knee pads) to help them remember the key words. I think that was it. To be honest, I can't remember it all. it all gets a little fuzzy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment